ZSEiU w Łaziskach Górnych

Oferty pracy

A historical outline of the Complex of Power Engineering and Services Schools in Łaziska Górne between 1945 and 2011

The beginning of the school dates back to 15th August 1945, when through the efforts of the management of "Bolesław Śmiały” coal mine, the Industrial-Mining School opened at the premises of the former administration of "Brada” coal mine. The first head of the school was Franciszek Chowaniec. The year 1951 brought major changes in vocational education. Following the reform of the education system, the Industrial-Mining School in  Łaziska Górne was transformed into 2-year Basic Vocational School for Miners. The reformed school educated young people in the specialties, such as cutterman, miner, mining carpenter and mining wireman. The reconstruction after the war damage and the development of industry in the region, opened the doors of Silesia for young people from central Poland. Non-resident youths began arriving at the school.
Launching vocational schools in Mikołów, Tychy and other nearby towns in the 60s contributed to the decrease in enrollment to the school in Łaziska Górne. There was a need for recruitment of students outside Silesia and opening the dormitory for them. The new reform implemented on 1st April 1959 retained the school's name and launched a three-year learning period. The Basic Vocational School for Miners (ZSG) became associated with the parent "Bolesław Śmiały” coal mine, which benefited both the school and the students. Being integrated into "Bolesław Śmiały” coal mine, the school started teaching workers in new specialties, such as coal miner, mechanic of mining machines and equipment, electrical fitter of underground mining, mechanic of processing machines and equipment. Under new conditions, the school expanded its structure and opened the branch of the Extramural Mining Technical School in Katowice – Brynów (operating in 1961-1969) and the Mining Technical School for Adults in Tychy (1991-1994).


In the 60s and 70s in the People’s Republic of Poland, students and teaching staff actively participated in celebrating public holidays. The chronicles of that period are dominated by photographs from demonstrations and state ceremonies, pertinent to the socialist reality.


Stare zdjęcie szkoły


On 13th September 1968, a modern, wel-equipped school building was commissioned at 11 Chopina Street. In those days there were ten teaching rooms, gymnasium, common room and ancillary rooms. After the extension, the building has been the residence of our school until today. Robert Prochaska, MSc, a long-time school principal, retired in 1976. He was replaced by Leszek Machnik, MSc.

Matura 77

In the 70s, mining was the priority economic sector, which created significant momentum in our school activity in the years 1976-1978. In 1977 a new dormitory was opened at Chopina street and 160 newly admitted students were living there. The increased demand for workers in the coal mine, resulted in the fact that by the end of the 70s both dormitories, an old one and a new one, offered accommodation for over 250 students.
In 1978, the parent coal mine provided the school with the new worshop located at the coal mine premises. The record number of students began vocational training courses: in ZSG and SPZ – 581 students, 93 students of the Construction Department of Devices and Science and Research Equipment of the Central Mining Institute and 102 students in the subsidiaries of the school in Puck and Nowy Dwór. On 29th November 1978, the school was solemnly named in honour of Prof. Wacław Cybulski, PhD. The year 1978 culminated in granting the school banner, funded by the crew of "Bolesław Śmiały” coal mine for the contribution to educating mining staff. At that time, graduates of the Basic Vocational School for Miners accounted for over 40% of the crew of "Bolesław Śmiały”. At the end of June 1979, the Basic Vocational School for Miners in Łaziska Górne was awarded  ”Golden Badge of Merit for the Development of Katowice Province” for the long-term teaching – educational activity. The first half of the 80s brought workers' unrest and protests, which reverberated in vocational education. This led to smaller numbers of candidates to learn in Basic Vocational Schools for Miners. The lack of recruitment outside Silesia, caused the decrease in the dormitory dwellers. Mr Emil Parot was the school principal in the years 1978-1984 and Henryk Kubasa, Eng. between 1984-1991.

Budynek szkoły
In the years 1984-86, the school won the first place three times in a row, in the competition for the best mining school at the level of Jaworzno-Mikołów Association. "Barbórka” was celebrated pompously for several decades of the Basic Vocational School for Miners. The festive events arouse authentic emotions among students and teachers. It could not be otherwise in Silesia and the school of such traditions. The year 1989 was rich in the systemic transformation in Poland, which entailed falling demand for graduates of mining schools. The reform of vocational education between 1990-1991 restricted recruitment to mining schools. The closure of those schools started and parent companies, including KWK "Bolesław Śmiały”, withdrew all obligations related to students and schools. Students lost scholarships and other assistance: working clothes, accessories, coursebooks and extra meals. In 1991, by the decision of the Works Council and Director of KWK "Bolesław Śmiały”, the school was transferred to the School Inspectorate in Katowice. After Henryk Kubasa, Eng. retired in 1991, Stanisław Cyrulski, Msc became the principal of the Basic Vocational School for Miners in Łaziska Górne. In this new reality, he was trying to restructure the school. From 1st September 1991 students started learning in the Mining - Mechanical Secondary School after primary school. On 1st September 1993, the Mechanical - Electrical Technical School for Adults was opened, based on a vocational school curriculum. The end of education in the Basic Vocational School for Miners occurred in June 1996. The existing scientific base and the teachers' training in relevant fields allowed new specialities to be opened: locksmith, precision mechanic and electrical mechanic, which were provided from 1st September 1995 in the Basic Vocational School.

image34In 1996 all the existing schools in the building at Chopina St. 11 merged into one school – the Complex of Schools No. 1 in Łaziska Górne. From the mid-90s, following the change in the school profile, new regular events and celebrations appeared in the school year calendar: graduates' days, prom balls, matura exams, thesis defence. The successive generations of young people gained jobs and life experience in the premises of our school. In the years 2001-2008, Tadeusz Marekwia, Msc was the school principal. After the education reform in 2002, the school name was changed into the Secondary Schools Complex (ZSP). The new schools appeared within the Complex: Specialised Lyceum (2002-2005), Technical School for Adults (…) and Comprehensive School for Adults (until now). The graduates of the Specialised Lyceum were the first students in our school who took the new matura exam. From 2008, Teresa Kmita-Drenda, PhD was the principal of ZSP in Łaziska Górne. She introduced new, extremely attractive fields of study into the school's education offer incl. logistics technician and freight forwarder technician.
In 2011, the merger was implemented between the Secondary Schools Complex and the Complex of Power Engineering Schools PKE SA. of Łaziska Power Plant. As a result, the school changed its name into the Complex of Power Engineering and Services Schools in Łaziska Górne. New students joined the school and the school itself was enriched with the new labs and the excellent teaching staff.

Principals: (In preparation – photographs wanted)

Stanisław Cyrulski

Tadeusz Marekwia

dr Teresa Kmita-Drenda

80x40 laboratorium Obszar roboczy 1


bekuplast logo

pgg logo


1% - Wspieranie edukacji w ZSEiU

cue cpm